Monday, June 21, 2010

Is Cheerleading a Sport?

Is Cheerleading a Sport?

This blog is very interesting and I hope everyone goes to this page and vote!!!!
I think cheerleading is a sport and not only because I was a college cheerleader either. Cheerleading is a tough sport; we cheerleaders have to exert as much energy as a wrestler, a football player, or a volleyball player. Now I do feel that the school should try to comprise and figure out a way to keep both sports but you have to look at how much attention cheerleading brings to colleges all over. There are thousands of girls and BOYS, depending on how big the school is, apply to a school just because of how good the cheerleading squad/ team is. Now that’s not why I applied to the College of Mt. St. Joseph but I did enjoy trying out and being on a cheerleading team for the first time ever in my life. It gave me the motivation to keep up with my studies and helped me stay in shape. So I think cheerleading should be considered a sport because we have long practices, intense work outs , strategic “Plays (when we perform) and we treat our competitions and half time shows just like it’s a big game!

No comments:

Post a Comment